Passive House - the basics
Presenter: Kara Rosemeier
Date: Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Location: Lecture Theater 1
Victoria University of Wellington
Faculty of Architecture and Design
139 Vivian Street, Wellington
(entrance off Dunlop terrace)
(From the PHINZ website)
Passive House is a performance standard that guarantees unsurpassed indoor air quality and comfort at minimal running cost. While the standard is set to continue its triumphal world tour in Aotearoa - some rumours are likewise circulating:
• Are Passive Houses a smart solution for our milder climates?
• Do Passive Houses unduly rely on mechanical ventilation?
• Are Passive Houses very expensive to build?
• Do most materials for Passive Houses need to be imported?
• Is our building industry capable of delivering to this high standard?
These questioned will be discussed. You are invited to add your own questions to this list!